Suspension or revocation of registration – Singapore property for sale
55.—(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Council may suspend the registration of a salesperson for such period of time as it thinks fit, or revoke the registration. Singapore property for sale
(2) The Council may suspend or revoke the registration of a salesperson at any time —
(a) if the relevant salesperson has ceased to do work for or be engaged by the estate agent he was registered through;
(b) if the relevant salesperson would not be eligible to be registered under the provisions of this Act if an application for registration were to be made at such time;
(c) if the relevant salesperson or estate agent had, in connection with the application for registration, furnished false or misleading information in a material particular;
(d) if any relevant certificate or qualification used to support the application for registration is withdrawn or cancelled;
(e) if the relevant salesperson has contravened any requirements or other provisions of this Act;
(f) if the relevant salesperson has failed to pay any fine, fee, charge or financial penalty charged or imposed under this Act;
(g) if the relevant salesperson has failed to comply with any of the conditions attached to the registration; or
(h) if the Council considers that the relevant salesperson is no longer a fit and proper person to be registered as a salesperson.
(3) Where the Council proposes to suspend or revoke the registration of a salesperson, it shall give the relevant salesperson and the estate agent he was registered through written notice of the proposal and the reasons for it. Singapore property for sale.
(4) A notice under subsection (3) shall state that within the period of 21 days beginning on the date of the notice, or within such longer period as the Council may allow in the particular case, representations regarding the proposed suspension or revocation, as the case may be, may be made in writing to the Council by or on behalf of the persons
(5) Where representations are made pursuant to subsection (4), the Council shall not suspend or revoke the registration of the salesperson concerned without having considered the representations. Singapore property for sale.
(6) Where registration is suspended under this section, the Council may in its discretion shorten the period for which the registration of a salesperson is suspended or lift the suspension. Singapore property for sale.
(7) Where the registration of a salesperson is suspended or revoked under this section, no fee or other sum paid in respect of the registration shall be refunded.
Source: Estate Agents Act (EAA)
Click here to search for Singapore property for sale.