Effect of revocation and suspension – Singapore property for rent
56.—(1) Where any estate agent’s licence is revoked or while any order of suspension remains in force, the estate agent shall cease to carry on the business of an estate agent. Singapore property for rent.
(2) An estate agent whose licence is suspended shall, while the suspension remains in force, be deemed to be a person who does not hold an estate agent’s licence.
(3) Where the registration of a salesperson is revoked or while any order of suspension remains in force, the salesperson shall cease to act as a salesperson for any person.
(4) A salesperson whose registration is suspended shall, while the suspension remains in force, be deemed to be a person who is not registered as a salesperson. Singapore property for rent.
(5) Any security furnished under section 33 may be forfeited to the Council in whole or in part at the discretion of the Council on the suspension or revocation of a licence.
Constitution of Appeals Board
57.—(1) There shall be an Appeals Board consisting of not more than 15 members as the Minister may appoint. Singapore property for rent.
(2) The Minister shall appoint —
(a) from members of the Appeals Board —
(i) a Chairman of the Appeals Board; and
(ii) one or more Vice-Chairmen of the Appeals Board as the Minister thinks fit; and
(b) one or more secretaries to the Appeals Board and such other
officers as may be required to assist the Appeals Board in the discharge of its duties and functions.
(3) Every member of the Appeals Board shall, unless the Minister otherwise directs, hold office for a period of 3 years and be eligible for re-appointment.
(4) The Minister may, at any time, revoke the appointment of any member of the Appeals Board or secretary to the Appeals Board or fill any vacancy in the Appeals Board.
(5) A member of the Appeals Board may resign his office by notice in writing to the Minister.
(6) Members of the Appeals Board may receive such remuneration and such travelling and subsistence allowances as the Minister may determine.
Source: Estate Agents Act (EAA)
Click here to search for Singapore property for rent.