Suspension or revocation of estate agent’s licence – Singapore property for rent
54.—(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Council may suspend an estate agent’s licence for such period of time as it thinks fit, or revoke the licence at any time. Singapore property for rent.
(2) The Council may suspend or revoke an estate agent’s licence—
(a) if the relevant licensee has ceased to be engaged in estate agency work, or is wound up or otherwise dissolved;
(b) if the relevant licensee is not eligible to hold or continue to hold the licence under the provisions of this Act, or would not be entitled to be granted a licence under the provisions of this Act if an application for a licence were to be made at such time;
(c) if the relevant licensee had, in connection with the application for a licence, furnished false or misleading information in a material particular;
(d) if any relevant certificate or qualification used to support the application for a licence is withdrawn or cancelled;
(e) if the relevant licensee has contravened any requirements or other provisions of this Act;
(f) if the relevant licensee has failed to pay any fine, fee, charge or financial penalty charged or imposed under this Act;
(g) if the relevant licensee has failed to comply with any of the conditions attached to the licence; or
(h) if the Council considers that the relevant licensee is no longer a fit and proper person to hold a licence.
(3) Where the Council proposes to suspend or revoke a licence, it shall give the relevant licensee written notice of the proposal and the reasons for it. Singapore property for rent.
(4) A notice under subsection (3) shall state that within the period of 21 days beginning on the date of the notice, or within such longer period as the Council may allow in the particular case, representations regarding the proposed suspension or revocation, as the case may be, may be made in writing to the Council by or on behalf of the licensee
(5) Where representations are made pursuant to subsection (4), the Council shall not suspend or revoke the licence concerned without having considered the representations. Singapore property for rent.
(6) Where a licence is suspended under this section, the Council may in its discretion shorten the period for which the licence is suspended or lift the suspension. Singapore property for rent.
(7) Where any licence is suspended or revoked under this section, no fee or other sum paid in respect of the grant or renewal of the licence shall be refunded.
Source: Estate Agents Act (EAA)
Click here to search for Singapore property for rent.