Powers and procedures of Disciplinary Committee – Singapore property for sale
53.—(1) In the discharge of its functions under this Act, a Disciplinary Committee shall have the following powers: Singapore property for sale
(a) to take evidence on oath;
(b) to summon any person to attend any hearing of the Disciplinary Committee to give evidence or produce any document or other article in his possession, except that no
person shall be bound to answer any question or produce any document or other article in respect of any matter which would have been protected from disclosure on the ground of
privilege if the proceedings had been held in any court; and
(c) to do anything which is necessary or expedient to enable it to perform its functions.
(2) A Disciplinary Committee shall not be bound by the rules of evidence applicable to civil proceedings but may inform itself of any matter as it thinks fit. Singapore property for sale.
(3) All members of a Disciplinary Committee shall, in the performance of their functions and duties under this Act, be deemed to be public servants for the purposes of the Penal Code (Cap. 224).
(4) Subject to the provisions of this Act, a Disciplinary Committee may regulate its own procedure in such manner as it thinks fit.
(5) The quorum of a Disciplinary Committee shall be 3, one of whom must be the Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee. Singapore property for sale.
(6) The proceedings of a Disciplinary Committee shall be presided by the Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee.
(7) A party to proceedings before a Disciplinary Committee may be represented by a solicitor, who may examine witnesses and address the Disciplinary Committee on behalf of the party.
(8) The proceedings of a Disciplinary Committee shall not be open to the public. Singapore property for sale.
(9) All matters coming before a Disciplinary Committee shall be decided by a majority of votes of the members present, and in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee shall have a second or casting vote.
(10) No act or proceedings of a Disciplinary Committee shall be questioned by reason only of any vacancy on it.
Source: Estate Agents Act (EAA)
Click here to search for Singapore property for sale.