Directions by Minister – Property for sale Singapore
11.—(1) The Minister may give to the Council such directions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as to the performance of its functions, the discharge of its duties and the exercise of its powers under this Act or any other written law as the Minister may consider necessary, and the Council shall give effect to all such directions. Property for sale Singapore.
(2) Nothing in this section shall be construed as enabling the Minister to exercise any power or control in relation to any particular application or other matter with which the Council or a committee is concerned. Property for sale Singapore.
Appointment of committees and delegation – property for sale Singapore
12.—(1) The Council may appoint from among its own members or from other persons such number of committees as it thinks fit for purposes which, in the opinion of the Council, would be more expediently carried out or managed by means of such committees.
(2) Where a committee is established, the Council shall appoint a person to be the chairman of that committee. Property for sale Singapore.
(3) The Council may, from time to time, alter or discharge any committee appointed under subsection (1), and define or vary the terms of reference of the committee.
(4) Subject to the provisions of this Act and to the control of the Council, each committee appointed under subsection (1) may regulate its procedure in such manner as the committee thinks fit. Property for sale Singapore.
(5) The Council may, subject to such conditions or restrictions as it thinks fit, delegate —
(a) to any of its members, including the President;
(b) to its Executive Director, or any of its officers or employees; or
(c) to any committee appointed under subsection (1), any of its functions, duties or powers under this Act or any other written law, except the power to make subsidiary legislation and the power of delegation conferred by this subsection.
(6) Any function, duty or power delegated under subsection (5) to any committee or person may be performed or exercised by the committee or person in the name and on behalf of the Council.
(7) No delegation under this section shall restrict or prevent the performance, discharge or exercise of any function, duty or power by the Council.
Source: Estate Agents Act (EAA)
Click here to search for property for rent Singapore.