Protection from personal liability – Property for sale Singapore
15.—(1) No suit or other legal proceedings shall lie personally against any member, officer, employee or committee member of the Council or other person acting under the direction of the Council for anything which is done or omitted to be done in good faith in the
execution or purported execution of this Act. Property for sale Singapore.
(2) Where the Council provides a service to the public whereby information is supplied to the public pursuant to any written law, neither any of its members, officers, employees nor committee members involved in the supply of such information shall be liable for any loss or damage suffered by any member of the public by reason of any error or omission of whatever nature appearing therein or however caused if made in good faith and in the ordinary course of the discharge of the duties of such member, officer, employee or
committee member. Property for sale Singapore.
Public servants – property for sale Singapore
16. All members, officers and employees of the Council including inspectors appointed under section 45 shall, in the performance of their functions and duties under this Act, be deemed to be —
(a) public servants for the purposes of the Penal Code (Cap. 224); and
(b) public officers for the purposes of the Financial Procedure Act (Cap. 109) and section 20 of that Act shall apply to such persons notwithstanding that they are not or were not in the employment of the Government.
17. The financial year of the Council shall begin on 1st April of each year and end on 31st March of the succeeding year, except that the first financial year of the Council shall begin on 22nd October 2010 and end on 31st March of the succeeding year.
18.—(1) The Council shall, in every financial year, prepare or cause to be prepared and shall adopt annual estimates of income and expenditure of the Council for the ensuing financial year. (2) Supplementary estimates may be adopted by the Council at any of its meetings. Property for sale Singapore.
(3) A copy of all annual estimates and supplementary estimates shall, upon their adoption by the Council, be sent immediately to the Minister.
(4) The Minister may approve or disallow any item or portion of any item shown in the estimates, and shall return the estimates as amended by him to the Council, and the Council shall be bound thereby. Property for sale Singapore.
(5) Notwithstanding any provision of this section, the Council may transfer all or any part of moneys assigned to one item of expenditure to any item under the same head of expenditure in any estimates approved by the Minister.
Source: Estate Agents Act (EAA)
Click here to search for property for sale Singapore.