Tenant’s implied covenants – Property in Singapore for sale
Property in Singapore for sale – In the absence of expressed covenants, the implied covenants of a tenant are as follows:
- To pay rent promptly to the landlord without any deductions whatsoever.
- Not to commit waste. Waste refers to damages or alterations to the premises. The tenant shall take reasonable care of the premises and not to damage or alter the premises. The tenant shall make good any damages done to the premises. The only exception is normal wear and tear due to the occupancy of the tenant.
- To be responsible for all internal repairs.
- To pay for all utilities and phone bills utilized by the tenant.
- To allow the landlord and his workers with reasonable notice to enter the premises for the purpose inspecting the premises for repairs.
- To use the premises for permitted purposes only.
Please click here to search property in Singapore for sale.