Registered address – Singapore property for sale
37.—(1) Subject to subsection (5), every licensee shall have an address in Singapore to which all communications and all notices under this Act may be sent. Singapore property for sale.
(2) The registered address shall be stated in every application for the grant or renewal of a licence.
(3) Where an address ceases to be the registered address of a licensee, the licensee shall within the period of 14 days beginning on such cesser, notify the Council in writing of another address to which all communications and notices may be sent. Singapore property for sale
(4) Where the Council receives a notification referred to in subsection (3), it shall cause the address referred to in the notification to be entered appropriately in the register and thereupon that address shall be the registered address of the licensee by whom or on whose behalf the notification was sent to the Council.
(5) In the case of a company within the meaning of the Companies Act (Cap. 50), the registered office for the time being of the company shall be the registered address of the company for the purposes of subsection (1). Singapore property for sale.
(6) A licensee who fails to comply with subsection (3) shall be guilty of an offence.
Appointment and duties of key executive officer – Singapore property for sale
38.—(1) An estate agent shall appoint a key executive officer and shall ensure that the key executive officer is responsible for the proper administration and overall management of the business of the estate agent, and the supervision of its salespersons.
(2) No person may be appointed under subsection (1) or continue to be appointed as such unless —
(a) he is not a salesperson or key executive officer of any other licensed estate agent and he does not hold a licence as any other estate agent; and
(b) he does not hold and is not an employee, a director or a partner of a person who holds a moneylender’s licence.
(3) A key executive officer must possess such qualifications and satisfy such requirements as may be prescribed. Singapore property for sale
(4) A key executive officer shall carry out the duties referred to in subsection (1) and shall be contactable by the Council and salespersons of the estate agent at all reasonable times. Singapore property for sale.
(5) If a vacancy occurs in the post of key executive officer by reason of the death, resignation or revocation of appointment of the key executive officer, the estate agent shall
(a) within one week of the key executive officer ceasing to carry out his duties, notify the Council of that fact; and
(b) within one month of the key executive officer ceasing to carry out his duties, appoint another key executive officer in accordance with subsection (1).
Source: Estate Agents Act (EAA)
Click here to search for Singapore property for sale.